Get your crewmember back onboard fast! Lifesling2 is Coast Guard approved and works better than a ring or horseshoe buoy because:
- It can be towed to the overboard crewmember rather than the crewmember having to swim to it—this eliminates the danger of the crewmember coming in contact with the hull and propeller
- It can be used as a lifting sling if the crewmember needs help out of the water
The Lifesling2 system consists of a flotation collar which is a blend of the traditional horseshoe buoy and a helicopter rescue sling. It’s connected to 125' of multi-filament polypropylene retrieving line which allows the flotation to be towed or thrown to the overboard crewmember. The collar and line are stored for protection against the elements in a new more rigid and attractive vinyl storage bag. Graphics on the bag illustrate the instructions for recovering a person in the water.
Note: This USCG-approved Lifesling2 is for powerboats with a lifting point 10' above the water, and sailboats over 20' LOA.
- USCG Type: Type V which substitutes for a Type IV
- Configuration: Horseshoe Buoy/flotation collar
- Buoyancy: 21 lb.
- Material: UL-approved foam, line, webbing
- Dimensions: 22"H x 12.5"W x 5"D
- Color: White storage bag; yellow Lifesling
- Mounting/Storage Provisions: Storage bag, (Rigid case available, sold separately)
- Warranty: One year