Bugbusters Companionway Insect Screens
Strong plastic carrying case included!
- Bugbusters boat companionway insects screens: A simple solution for no-see-ums, mosquitos and other bugs...
- Unique to the market, the Bugbusters companionway insects screens ties to the handrails or is fixed with our new snap kit and drops down to the cockpit floor.
- No velcro or frame needed. Allows full companionway opening permitting very easy access to and from cockpit. The original, long lasting UV grade Polyester mesh, not a copy!
Features and Specs:
- Installs easily with 2 knots to hand rails with built-in ties or with our new snap kit (see below)
- Allows easy access to and from cockpit
- 24 Very small Holes/Inch or about 1mm size, No-See-Um proof
- 100% UV resist Polyester mesh, military spec, US made
- Strong UV resist Polyester thread
- Lead ballasted (will not affect compass)
Measure maximum inside measurement from forward of companionway to bottom and add about 2-3 inches.
Then take width outside companionway sides and add height of sides over the roof, to get width of screen.
Example: A 30" x 68" inside opening, would use a 36" x 72" screen. On the tapered screens, the tapering begins at the halfway point of the length, 34" and 39" respectively. For the 44 x 38 screen, the taper begins at 26 inches.
Companionway Measurement Guide:
- First measure Top opening "A" distance
- Measure Vertical Height "B" from top to bottom, where the screen lead weight will stand
- Add "A" to "B" plus approximately 3 inches to get total length of screen
- Measure "C" distance, outside handrails, and add height of handrail over the roof, on each side, to get width of screen
- On some boats, it is best to use a tapered screen, so measure "D" and add 1-2 inches on each side
- NOTES: Don't worry, Companionway screens can be up to 20% longer and 10-15% larger than measured ideal.
You can install a taller screen in positioning it a little forward, if possible, and remaining will lay on the bottom, outside of companionway entrance. Lead beads will also hold a wider than ideal screen.
We now have convenient optional snap kits for easy installation inside dodger or if you do not have siderails.
Example: For a 2008 Beneteau Oceanis 37 we took the following measurements:
- Measure "A": 38"
- Measure "B": 36"
- Add "A" to "B": 74" PLUS 3" = 77"
- Measure "C": 32" PLUS 3" PLUS 3" = 38"
- Measure "D": 21"
We then choose a 40" x 77" companionway for a perfect fit (a little bit wider but OK).