SOS Distress w/Day Signal Flag
The SOS Distress Light is the first and ONLY LED Visual Distress Signal Device that meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements. Unlike traditional flares, this electronic flare never expires which solves the challenge of flare disposal. This floating electronic flare can be hand-held, tethered, or hoisted aloft. It runs up to 60 hours, unlike traditional flares which last minutes or less.
How to install batteries into the SOS Distress Light #C-1001
- Unscrew the top lens, by turning the Lens to the left (counterclockwise)
- Insert 3 C-cell Alkaline batteries
- Place lens back on, screw lens to the right to activate (clockwise)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Complies with all U.S. Coast Guard requirements for “Night Visual Distress Signals” as found in the Code of Federal Regulations: 46 CFR 161.013
- Flashes ONLY the SOS light sequence
- When combined with a daytime distress signal flag (included in package), meets ALL USCG Federal Requirements for DAY and NIGHT use in lieu of traditional flares
- Floats with lens-up to optimize both the all-around horizontal and vertical light beams
- No expiration or disposal issues
- Family and boat SAFE – no flame!
- Visible up to 10 nautical miles
- Battery-operated (requires 3 C-cell Alkaline)
- Made in U.S.A
- Designed & Patented by Sirius Signal
The Orange Distress Flag is a non-pyrotechnic device that meets the U.S. Coastguard requirement (46 CFR 160.072) for daytime use. Most visible if flown from a mast or displayed from a paddle or boat hook, the 3' x 3' (91.4 cm x 91.4 cm) flag displays the black square and ball on the orange background, which is the universal visual S.O.S. distress signal.
- 3’ x 3’ (91.4 cm x 91.4 cm) waterproof plastic flag
- 4 brass grommet holes in corners
- 4 -15 inch (38.1 cm) long white ties to mount flag to mast, paddle, hook or antennae