The AISLink MOB personal AIS locator beacon or MOB automatically activates upon inflation of the lifejacket, sending an initial alert within 15 seconds to all AIS receivers and plotters in the vicinity. Both positioning and MOB emergency messages are transmitted alerting vessels up to 5 miles away from your emergency situation.
Even in moderate seas, it is alarming how quickly a visual sighting of a man overboard can be lost. The AISLink MOB’s integrated GPS quickly pinpoints a precise location and transmits this as part of the AIS alert message to all local AIS-equipped vessels. The AISLink MOB also has the ability to alert your crew to the emergency by activating the DSC alarm on your vessel’s VHF. All AIS receivers and AIS-enabled plotters within a 5-mile radius (dependent on conditions) are alerted, and an integrated high-intensity strobe light assists with accurate positioning even in low light conditions. Powerful lithium metal batteries provide 24+ hours of operational life, and the high-impact housing can withstand a drop to the water of 20m.
Features and Benefits:
- Dual alert via AIS and DSC Personal Locator
- Onboard GPS for exceptional location accuracy
- Simple life jacket integration
- Manual or Automatic Activation
- Alerts AIS-equipped vessels up to 5 miles (4.3 NM) away
- 24+ hours of operational life and 7 Year battery life
- Ultra-bright LED strobe light
- Rugged and Waterproof up to 10 meters