This compact GPS parallel rule is particularly suited for use on modern small chart tables. The primary purpose of the Paralock Plotter is to enable the transfer of GPS positions rapidly, easily and accurately to and from any paper chart.
The Paralock Plotter features three unique design concepts:
- Locking knob that is friction adjustable for fast gps/lat/long transfers. This knob enables the two rulers to be fixed in any given separation which allows rapid determination of GPS position. [p]
- Two sets of finger holes that enable finger tips to act as friction pads on the underlying chart and inform the navigator if the rule has slipped while plotting.
- Same features as standard size rules. The Paralock Plotter is only 7.25 inches long as opposed to the standard rule length of 15 inches, but its opening width is the same as standard rules.
- Sturdy, clear acrylic for maximum chart visibility
- Graduations for use as protractor to determine compass bearing
- Ruler across bottom, makes it is easy to take distances and transfer them to a mileage scale
- Fits in a pocket or drawer and is easy to usetter is only 7.25 inches long as opposed to the standard rule length of 15 inches, but its opening width is the same as standard rules. Placing finger tips in the twin finger holes allows easy operation of the rule and readily informs the operator if a slip has accidentally occurred while aboard a rolling or pitching vessel.
The Paralock Plotter is made of sturdy, clear acrylic for maximum chart visibility. It has graduations so it can be used as a protractor to determine compass bearing. It also has a ruler across the bottom, making it is easy to take distances and transfer them to a mileage scale.
The Paralock Plotter has all the features of a standard parallel rule but fits in a pocket and is easier to use. It is perfect for any boater who keeps track of latitude and longitude coordinates on a paper chart. Its compact, convenient size makes it the right tool for use on boats with limited chart space.