Offshore Sailing Knife
Knives are a practical tool for many boating scenarios. You may use them for common applications, like cutting knotted lines or tape. Knives can also save lives in various situations, including when harnessed sailors fall off a boat and need to release from their safety straps.
Fawcett Boat Supplies has a range of offshore knives that sailors and boaters can choose from for their unique needs. If you're purchasing a new blade to replace a worn-out one or outfitting your watercraft with essential supplies for the first time, consider how you may use your knife to find the best one. We have a range of blades that fit many boating uses.
What to Look for in an Offshore Sailing Knife
If you're unsure what you need from the knives you keep on your boat, consider these five qualities to narrow down your choices:
- Cutting ability: Offshore knives should have a sharp blade that easily cuts various materials.
- Night visibility: If you plan to bring your boat out in low light, consider a knife with a glow-in-the-dark or fluorescent handle so you will not lose it.
- Blade locking: If your knife folds, a lock should keep it open to avoid collapsing on the hands and fingers.
- One-handed opening: For ease of use, we recommend foldable blades you can open with one hand.
- Corrosion resistance: Since offshore knives regularly endure exposure to salt water, their materials — like steel, cobalt or titanium — should resist corrosion.
Fawcett Boat Supplies Sailing Knives
Whether you need a knife to cut rigging or a safety knife in case of falling overboard, Fawcett Boat Supplies has options for you, including:
- Water rescue knives: Harness-cutting knives offer a grip for ease of use in wet and dry conditions and easy storage in a vest or life jacket.
- Rigging knives: These knives are specially designed to cut thick ropes and often have additional rigging tools, like a marlinspike for undoing tough knots and a shackle key for opening and tightening screw pins.
- General offshore knives: If you're unsure which knife you need or want a knife for broad boat use, you can choose from a range of general knives with sharp edges and good grips.
Why Choose Us?
Since 1948, Fawcett Boat Supplies has worked to serve a wide range of boating customers. We offer an extensive selection of boating gear, including high-quality knives that provide you with all the functionality you need when cutting lines, rigging or a safety strap.
We offer online ordering with timely shipping for all our products. This option frees you to order supplies from us wherever you are. Once you place an order, you will receive it right at your home, so there is no need to run to a physical store.
Get the Gear You Need
If you're looking for a marine knife you can use on your next boating trip, browse our selection online. Once you've found the right blade for your needs, order it today, and Fawcett Boat Supplies will bring the supplies you need directly to your front door.