Traditional Manual PFDs
Offshore Life Jackets and Vests
The life jacket you take with you on evening paddles or extended expeditions in open water is one of the most critical pieces of safety equipment you can have. Also known as Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs), these vests will give you the extra safety you need, even if you consider yourself an expert swimmer. Whether interested in a near-shore or offshore life jacket, Fawcett Boat Supplies can help you find what you desire.
How to Choose the Best Life Jacket for You
A life vest tucked away in storage isn't do you any good, so the trick is finding one you love to wear. Each life vest is structured to address different needs, but the right life vest for your needs will:
- Carry the U.S. Coast Guard stamp of approval.
- Be designed for the type of activities you enjoy.
- Match your size and weight.
- Offer a snug fit and feel comfortable to wear.
Types of PFDs You Can Utilize
The U.S. Coast Guard regulates PFDs for recreational and commercial use, dividing them into five categories. Within these categories, you'll find inherently buoyant, inflatable and hybrid designs. Inherently buoyant vests are among the most popular kinds, most commonly made out of foam to create buoyancy. These devices are easy to use, comfortable to wear and require no operation from the user.
At Fawcett Boat Supplies, we offer various offshore life vests for all sizes and ages. The most common USCG-approved, inherently buoyant life vests we stock include:
- Type I offshore life jackets: These offshore life vests are ideal for all water conditions where rescue may take a while. They're well-regarded as the most buoyant option, providing a minimum of 22 pounds of buoyancy and the ability to flip a person over if they are unconscious.
- Type II offshore life jackets: Like Type I, these life vests can turn an individual to face upright in calm water situations. They offer a minimum of 15.5 pounds of flotation.
- Type III offshore life jackets: Referred to as Flotation Aids, Type III vests are suitable for calm inland waters and provide 15.5 or more pounds of buoyancy. Water enthusiasts often use them during kayaking, canoeing, fishing or water skiing.
A Professional Team Who Cares
We opened our doors back in 1948, starting with nothing but a deep passion for being on the open water. We focus on quality, offering premium products and expert services to ensure you and your boat are taken care of. With one of the largest inventories in the mid-Atlantic, we have what you need to tackle any boating project and satisfy any safety need.
Our professionals arrive at our Fawcett Boat Supplies storefront in Annapolis, Maryland, each day with a smile. We're boating enthusiasts like you and have the skills to become the helping hand you require. Whether you want to visit us in our physical location or shop online, our team is constantly available to talk you through any concerns or questions, working tirelessly until you're back on the waves.
Buy Your Offshore Life Vests for Your Next Adventure
Check out our collection of offshore life jackets and vests and purchase yours from Fawcett Boat Supplies today.