If you're not planning on using your boat for a couple of months, using a fuel stabilizer should be at the top of your to-do list. A fuel stabilizer is the ideal preventive measure for winter boat storage that will give your fuel the strength it needs to last through the cold and be ready to go at the beginning of the next season.
Why Should You Use Marine Fuel Stabilizers?
Many states provide fuel combined with ethanol. Over time, this gas may become exposed to water, oxygen, light or heat, resulting in chemical reactions that lead to ineffective gasoline, interference with lubricants and considerable damage to your fuel system.
Compared to draining your fuel tank, fuel stabilizers are convenient, hassle-free preventive solutions that keep your fuel viable and your boat protected. Some of the benefits of why you should use a marine stabilizer before long periods of infrequent use include:
- Protecting against corrosion: Fuel stabilizers slow oxidation and prevent phase separation. This defense prevents the water in your gas from separating and accelerating the corrosion process, leading to extreme damage.
- Reducing buildup of fuel gum and varnish: As gasoline ages, its chemical makeup changes, becoming heavier, more unstable and filled with sticky residues. Fuel stabilizers will decrease the likelihood of these effects, protecting your carburetor, intake valves, injector nozzles and other components.
- Increasing the life span of your fuel and boat: A powerful marine fuel stabilizer will extend the effectiveness of your gasoline and protect your boat against any harmful threats that ethanol presents.
Maintain the Quality of Your Fuel with Fawcett Boat Supplies
Fawcett Boat Supplies can help you find the resources you need to keep your boat on the water. We offer a variety of fuel additives and replacement parts to take care of your engine. Some of the products in our inventory include:
- Outboard motor fuel filters: Keep your boat in tip-top shape with a new filter keeping your fuel free from harmful debris and water.
- Fogging oil: Safeguard your pistons, rings, cylinder walls and more against corrosion and ensure your boat performs at maximum capacity all season long.
- Engine cleaners: Maintain a sparkling internal engine by removing any buildup of deposits to help your vessel run smoothly and efficiently.
Fawcett Boat Supplies Has Your Back
Fawcett Boat Supplies has met all our customers' boating needs since 1948. As Maryland's go-to marine supply store, we maintain an exhaustive inventory of products you need to tackle any project.
When you work with Fawcett Boat Supplies, you choose a caring team. Our team consists of boat lovers who are passionate about the value we provide and ready to answer all of your questions. This devotion is displayed through our awards and recognition as one of Gill's Five-Star Dealers and one of 16 Harken Suppliers.
Purchase Your Gas Stabilizer for Your Boat
Using a fuel stabilizer for boat winter storage is the best way to keep your fuel fresh, making for a smooth and easy start-up when the next season rolls around. Whether you visit us in-store or online, our team is always ready to provide you with reliable solutions to make your boating experience a breeze. We offer a large selection of gas stabilizers for boats. Shop with us online and purchase yours today.