Sta-Plug Soft Emergency Plug 9" x 5"
Sta-Plug is Forespar’s form fitting emergency plug. A soft cone shaped design allows it to easily fill the irregular shapes of hull impact breaches, as well as any round hole leak from a hose or through-hull. Unique edge gripping riblets help hold the plug in a hole, keeping water out. The riblets help Sta-Plug conform to the shape of the hole, sealing a leak near the edge where a tight fit is crucial, and holding the plug more securely in place. Different by design, Sta-Plug’s shape includes a series of concentrically larger riblets stepped along the length of the cone. These riblets offer two big advantages over traditional straight edged emergency plugs:
• They help Sta-Plug conform to the hole near the edge where a tight fit is most crucial.
• They help hold it more securely in place.
• Twist and compress by hand to insert into hole.
• Expands after insertion to hold in place.
Intended for temporary emergency use with continuous monitoring only, it gives the skipper greater peace-of-mind to allow them to focus on getting the boat to safety.
Made from high density foam, Sta-Plug will remain soft and ready to go for years and will not mold or swell up like conventional wood plugs.
Can be cut with a knife to use in irregular shaped holes, or torn by hand near the riblets to make smaller diameter plugs for smaller holes. Tearing at the 8th riblet creates a plug with a 2" diameter base.
• Made from high density foam that is not susceptible to mold or swelling.
• Bright orange color allows it to be quickly located in an emergency.
• Dimensions: 9" High x 5" Diameter at base
• Made right here in the USA.
• Not for fuel leaks