The Maxwell AnchorMax is a versatile capstan or general purpose electric winch for use as an anchor winch, pot hauler, or davit winch on smaller boats.
- Use for anchor recovery on smaller boats, or for pot-hauling, davit winch, or line hauling from any direction (compare to in-line only rope hauling on horizontal windlass capstans)
- Do not use as an electric halyard or sheet winch, nor as a mooring capstan; see below for details
- Approximate line speed is 75 ft/min at low loads
- High power to weight ratio: 850 lb pull, yet weighs only 17.6 lb
- Minimal intrusion below decks: 3-3/32" dia. motor hangs straight down to a depth of only 6-7/8"
- Highly polished 316 stainless steel drum and marine grade aluminum alloy gear housing
- Easy installation - no dismantling of the winch is necessary
- Spur gear drive mechanism