New England Spun Classic is a conventional 3-strand spun polyester rope that provides a traditional look and feel. Relatively soft and easily worked, this spun polyester rope is generally used along the luff and foot of mainsails and along the leading edge of “stretchy luffed” genoas and jibs. The Spun Classic features a softer lay than normal sheet line for easier working and splicing, as well as excellent longevity and stability. Perfect for classic boats and dinghies, the Spun Classic is a free running rope that won’t jam or kink. Most part-time racers prefer polyester, although the stretch is only half as much as nylon.
New England Ropes has an excellent reputation as the leading manufacturer of premium quality rope. Made in New England and tested in some of the world’s most notoriously harsh conditions, New England Ropes provides high-quality performance and worry-free durability.
- High Tenacity for Durability
- Supple and Splice-able
- Good Knot-Holding Properties
- Shows Little Degradation from UV Rays
- Good Resistance to Most Chemicals and Electrical Currents
- Sheaves: Recommended Sheave Diameter to Rope Diameter is 8:1
- Color: White
- Applications: Luff Reinforcement
- Cordage Material: Polyester
- Size: 3/16"