We have tested many, many sharpeners and this one appears to meet all of our requirements and it has stood the test of time.
- It fits into a compact handy case that protects all of the sharpening components
- There is a carbide V groove for knives that are really dull and the edge has to be returned quickly.
- The flat diamond stone quickly returns a sharp edge. For use with line, many sailors stop after the diamond stone because of the fine toothed edge.
- There are ceramic rods for the sailor that wants and appreciates a polished edge that can be honed to razor sharpness.
- For serrated blades, the ceramic rods feature small v’s on the ceramic rods for the small serrations and rods for the large “loops” or serrations.